Village Park Homes finds it imperative to provide future homeowners with the appropriate information to best understand the home buying process. With that being said, there is a concept we think you should learn more about which is the ‘Mortgage Quiet Period’.
Realtor.com touches on the Quiet Period in writing, “The thrill of purchasing your dream home can inspire you to come out shopping for the perfect living room set with matching drapes, before the closing. If you planned on doing that with credit, best to wait till after the closing.”
As an experienced homebuilding company, Village Park Homes agrees it is best to wait to make huge purchasing decisions such as this as we understand the concept of the Mortgage Quiet Period. This is a time during the home purchasing process when homebuyers sign off on a loan to buy their home and before they close on escrow, they make extravagant purchases and are no longer qualified as their lenders may find them unreliable. They will no longer be offered a loan or their loan may be delayed.
Recommendations During the QUIET PERIOD:
- Do not open a new credit card
- Do not purchase items for your new home
- Do not purchase items for a new home with a new credit card
- Do not purchase extravagant items (ie: car, boat, other vehicles)
- Do not go on a vacation
- Do not delay any payments
- Do not avoid telling your loan advisor of any employment changes
- Do not avoid telling your loan advisor on a recent divorce
Again, we want you to fully understand the home purchasing process and we know the breadth of customers making purchases in our industry: first time homebuyers, empty nesters, and those looking for their dream home! For further information on the home buying and home building process, find a Step-by-Step Guide to Building Your New Home below.
Day 30 is usually the Lender Approval Day
Days 140-170, Settlement (sign all necessary paperwork and receive the keys to your new home)
Comment and call us with more questions at 843-790-7539
#FindYourPlace at villageparkhomes.com
* “7 Ways to Sink Your Mortgage Application.” LoanDepot, http://www.loandepot.com/knowledge-cafe/mortgage-411/7-ways-to-sink-your-loan-application.
* Federal, Washington. “Washington Federal. Invested Here.” & Loans – Washington Federal | Serving Seattle, Portland, Spokane & 200+ Other Cities, http://www.washingtonfederal.com/blog/news-and-articles/2016/11/14/the-mortgage-quiet-period.
* Sichelman, Lew. “Don’t Ignore the ‘Quiet Period’.” Building a Solid Foundation for Your New Home, Builder Homesite Inc, 5 Apr. 2017, http://www.newhomesource.com/guide/articles/do-not-ignore-the-quiet-period.
* Team, Realtor.com. “Hold Off On Big Purchases For Your New Home During The ‘Quiet Period’>.” Realtor.com®, Realtor.com, 29 July 2011, http://www.realtor.com/advice/hold-off-on-big-purchases-for-your-new-home-during-the-quiet-period/.
Based in Hilton Head, SC, As the area’s true hometown builder, our rich Lowcountry heritage and deep local roots nurture new home neighborhoods that offer value, charm and character. Our new home communities are ideally located just minutes from the beautiful beaches of Hilton Head Island, the rich history of Beaufort and the culture of downtown Savannah, Georgia. Our neighborhoods offer quick access to all of the perks of coastal living.
Every Village Park home is built on a foundation of quality and a proud history of excellence. Our legacy of success comes from an award-winning leadership team of visionaries with strong community ties, a proven history and a superior level of integrity. For over a quarter of a century, Company Founder, John Cardamone, has worked hard to help dreams become reality for thousands of homeowners in some of the area’s most distinctive communities. Continuing in our tradition of excellence, Village Park Homes is setting a new standard of expectation for timeless coastal living. Whether you’re in search of your first home, your next home or your retirement home, we can build you the perfect home for every chapter of your life.
Visit us online at villageparkhomes.com to review all of our coastal SC and GA communities. Close to Everything, Far from Ordinary. #hometownbuilder